Important to Note
- Course section data is based on real time data.
- Only lecture and stand-alone course sections in Approved Planner Status qualify to have final exam assignments given to them.
- Courses will only appear under their administrative home department and only the administrative home department may indicate the final exam assignment needs of a course section.
- All departments can view the final exam needs of any other department.
- Departments will only be able to submit final exam assignment needs through this application during the submission period. After the submission period, they may only view their submitted needs.
Final Exam Management
Submit Final Exam Assignment Needs
Final exam assignments may be used to administer written or oral examinations, course project presentations or discussions, paper/project/take-home exam due dates, course evaluations, or other discipline appropriate cumulative assessment methods as determined by the administrative home department in accordance with college and university policies.
If submitting Final Exam needs requesting use of a University Classroom or Level One Classroom please feel free to refer to the Seating Layout Plans available.
Final Exam Change Requests
Academic Departmental Administrators can submit changes to course final exam preferences or assignments on behalf of faculty.
Submit Final Exam Assignment Change Request - Instructions
If the official final exam schedule has not yet been published, but the assignment needs tool has closed, changes to the original assignment needs request can be made by using the Final Exam Assignment Change Request Form or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the official final exam schedule has been published to MAUI, all change requests, including new requests, will require the faculty member to obtain written approval from the Chair/DEO and the Associate Dean of the department responsible for the course. All requests must include the curricular justification for the change. These approvals can be emailed to email@example.com.
Once approval has been obtained, changes to the final exam assignment can be made by using the Final Exam Assignment Change Request Form.
Please note that course sections granted final exam assignments after the schedule has been published are responsible for administering makeup final exams regardless of exam precedence rules.
Final Exam Schedules - View
Once the official final exam schedule has been published:
- Students may access their individual final exam schedules through MyUI.
- Faculty may access their individual final exam schedules online through MAUI.
Visit the Office of the Registrar website to view the final exam schedule.
Final Exam Schedule - Instructor Access
Instructors will view their individual final exam schedules via the MAUI Home page.
How Faculty View Final Exam Schedules - Instructions
If there are any course sections for which a final exam has not been assigned, those sections will display below the final exam list.
More information about Qualified Exam Conflicts and instructor responsibility for providing make up exams can be reviewed on the Office of the Registrar Website.
Midterm Exam Management
Academic Departmental Administrators can submit course evening midterm exam needs on behalf of faculty.
Submit Evening Midterm Exam Assignment Needs
Assign Individual Midterm Exam - Instructions
1) Choose the desired midterm date from the calendar
2) Indicate which exam period is needed. Approved evening midterm exam periods are: 6:30pm-8:00pm (1½ hours), 6:30pm-8:30pm (2 hours), 8:45pm-10:15pm (1½ hours), and more than two hours needed.
3) Designate Classroom Needs for each exam assignment requested by selecting the applicable option in the Registrar-Scheduled Classroom Required? list: (1) No University Classroom Needed; (2) University Classroom with Single Seating Preferred; or (3) University Classroom with Double Seating Preferred.
4) (Optional) Indicate Special Needs for the exam, such as table and chair seating, TILE room, computer classroom
5) Save the request.
Midterm Exam Change Requests
Academic Departmental Administrators can submit changes to course evening midterm exam needs or assignments on behalf of faculty.
Submit Evening Midterm Exam Assignment Change Request - Instructions
If the evening midterm exam assignment has not yet been created by Classroom Scheduling, changes to the needs request can be made by going back into the Exam Needs Tool in MAUI Offerings Planner and updating the request.
If the evening midterm exam assignment has already been created by Classroom Scheduling, all change requests need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.