This page will automatically display your course list for the current session. To view your course list(s) for a past session(s) update the session field and click "Search."
- Click the "Registrar" tab
- Click the "Grade Administration" link
Located on the left side of the screen under "Course Grade Management"
Entering Midterm Grades
Select the appropriate delinquent Midterm grades available within the "Grade" column.
Note: Midterm grades are only reported for undergraduate students earning D+ and below, AUU, F, N, or U grades.
To update attendance within the "Attending" column click the individual boxes corresponding to the appropriate students, or select "Check All"/"Uncheck All" to update several students.
Note: A check mark indicates the student is attending.
- When a student is attending your section but does not appear on the class list, complete the "notify non-enrolled students" section. If the student is registered for another section of this course, a change to the current section will be made. If the student is not registered for the course, the student will be notified by email that they are not officially registered for the current section.
- Enter either a valid student Hawk ID or University ID, and click "submit."
- The student(s) will appear on a list at the bottom of the panel, and an email indicating that they are not officially enrolled in the course will be sent to the student(s).
Click one of the following
- "Save and Complete Course Later"
- "Submit Course to Registrar"
Delinquent midterm grades only need to be submitted for undergraduate students whose grade at midterm is AUU, D+, D, D-, F, N, or U.
Although you are not required to complete the Midterm delinquent grades and attendance report, it is highly recommended as many offices use this information to reach out to students to ensure student success.
Do not edit the column headers on the sample file. As instructed on the sample file, delete the rows containing instructions and column descriptions (rows 3-13).
Include the following required data:
- “student” (Student HawkID or UniversityID)
Note: When using UniversityID, format cells to include lead zeros (see example below).
- "grade" (e.g. "AUU/D+ - F/N/U")
- "attend" (Y or N)
Note: Invalid grade options will not load into MAUI. Review all midterm grades after uploading your CSV file to ensure appropriate grades are entered.
When saving the Excel file choose,
- CSV (Comma delimited)(*.csv)
- Text (Tab delimited)(*.txt)
- Click "Choose File"
- Select the file and click "Open"
- Click "Show Sample Data"
- Review the sample data and click "Validate Data" if it is correct or "Reject File" if corrections are required
- Click "Import File" to upload the file or click "Reject File" to cancel the upload
- Verify grades and attendance uploaded correctly
- Correct errors
Jump to "Manual Entry"
If the midterm list is not submitted by the deadline, please notify students receiving AUU, D+, D, D-, F, N, or U grades, or non-attendance by emailing their @uiowa address. Attendance corrections are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: After the deadline, Midterm grades can't be corrected in MAUI. The grades are snapshots of students' progress and are not included on students' official records. The information is utilized by student support services to provide assistance.
Delinquent midterm grades only need to be submitted for undergraduate students whose grade at midterm is AUU, D+, D, D-, F, N, or U. A midterm grade does not need to be reported for students whose grade at midterm is above D+.
If your course begins after the determined midterm reporting deadline date or if final grades are open for final grade entry (or have already been submitted), the midterm report is not available. We assume in those instances instructors are notifying students individually who are receiving AUU, D+, D, D-, F, N, or U grades.
Students enrolled in sections through the BTAA CourseShare Project will not appear on official attendance, midterm, and grade lists in MAUI. The Office of the Registrar will report enrollment and grade information.
BTAA Campus Coordinator
Rosie Ver Steegh
Division Administrator Administrative Services Manager
Division of World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures